Sunday 6 November 2011


I Called Him Jaws

Meet my new “flatmate.” This little guy was lucky enough to spend the night with me especially because it was without my knowledge let alone my permission.  So imagine my surprise hearing him buzz around this morning and pulling the shades up to see this monster of a beast.   It took me about ten minutes and, I’m ashamed to admit, a lot of squealing while I wrangled him out the door and into the hallway.  To those of you who I have saved in the past from spiders and bugs, this was a moment where I wished I had a bigger, braver me around to have dealt with this.  I hope that this was a fluke giant and that the other bugs in this country are of a smaller caliber.  I’ve never been one to cringe from the creepy crawlies but I suspect that this foreign land has some creatures that could do some damage.  I think I’m just being a big sissy because I’m still recovering from those nasty shots that the doctor gave to me the other day.  While the flu shot made me nauseous for four days straight, the hepatitis shot is still swollen and there is a significant lump where the injection was made.  Now I have loonie-sized welts all over my body from being bitten (I’m assuming) from some invisible bugs because I definitely don’t remember something buzzing around me that could do this sort of damage.  Maybe winter in this place will be a good thing and kill off these blood-sucking monsters before they drain me…

2 comments:

  1. A lot of red welts... Do you perhaps have bedbugs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definatley bed bugs..... had them once, Nasty things

    ReplyDelete