Monday 12 December 2011

A Korean Winter Wonderland



This is Gunsan’s first snow fall.  I’ve been dreading the snow all month but when I actually saw that it was snowing outside my apartment I was ecstatic!!!!   I hung out of my window to reach out and touch the big, fluffy, Hollywood snowflakes!  The snow only stayed for a day but it was refreshing to see and it made me miss my beloved Canada.  I never thought that I would feel this way about snow.  It is shocking to have these emotions pop out of me.  

The snowfall beautified the city and it made me yearn for a friend to enjoy it with that day.  I wanted to catch snowflakes on my tongue, throw fistfuls of snow in the air, and dance in the streets.  I felt this incredible need to be childish and giggle with delight with someone who is loving life as much as I am.  Instead, I carried out these snowfall adventures solo (probably looking like the crazy foreigner) because everyone else was busy but I thoroughly enjoyed myself!  It’s been an emotional week (that post will come later) but the snow reminded me that even though I am alone in Korea, there are many people who love me back home in Canada.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got some snow! I know you will do double snow adventures next year to make up ;)

    ReplyDelete