Saturday 21 January 2012

Drag Queen


I went to the club last Thursday and even though it was an incredibly slow night, it was still a ton of fun.  I learned some more Korean, chitchatted with the staff who now absolutely adore me, and met the most adorable Korean guy who works there as a bartender.  He likes to dress up for fun and he decided to wear a lion costume that night. Upon sharing our costume stories, he disclosed that he likes to dress up as a woman, particularily as famous Kpop singers.  I was amazed.  There is apparently a drag community in Korea!  So that conversation quickly turned into an English lesson as I explained to him the meaning of the word Drag Queen.  I'm telling you, there are all sorts of crazy and fun people in this city.  Whoever said that Koreans are super conservative and stuffy might have been right about the general population but I'm always able to find the wild ones that like to have a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment