Monday 6 February 2012

Nom Nom Nom Nachos!!!!


Yes, I admit it...nachos are the love of my life!  I absolutely can't live without them and their cheesy, spicy, crunchy goodness!  It's not like I haven't tried but everytime life gets me down it's the salt and spice that have given me my strength back.  Unfortunately, I knew that our time together as the food lover and beloved would eventually come an end and so I took it upon myself to mentally and physically prepare myself.  Everyone informed me that nachos would be a no-go in Korea and after going through the five stages of grief, I finally came up with a brilliant plan to part from my favourite food without having a mental breakdown and resorting to setting up a salsa and chip creation-station in my Korean apartment where I would use anything that I could find to mimic my mexican goodness!

And so, it began...I ate nachos every week for two months before I left.  I figured that if I saturated my taste buds with enough salsa, jalapenos, guacamole, and such then I would become so sick of them that I wouldn't want to see another chip for at least sic months.  Did it work?  Kind of...I did tire of them but only at the very end of that two months.  But here I was, three months into Korea and dying for a plate of nachos!  Leave it to me to hunt down the needed ingredients in a country where mexican food is practically unknown.  So, how did I manage to find all of this deliciousness?  Well I scoured the markets for whatever I could find and I did manage to find a TINY jar of Salsa...for $10.  Could I do it?  Well I did.  And it was delicious!  But I wanted more!  More dammit!  Thank goodness for the military base with all of that American food!  Cheap tortilla chips, salsa, and some Costco jalapeno havarti cheese (from the city of Daejon) made out meal complete!  Our?  Yes, I shared with a couple of friends and we ate our nachos ghetto style...on the floor using a box as a table and mason jars as glasses...that my friends, is how we roll in Korea!

WTF!  Who puts lettuce on nachos???  American friends that 's who!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment